We are a young innovative company; whose value lye in designing tailor made aligned services within a standard quality process. As Shipbrokers Consultants our service ranges from supporting our customer’s shipping planning activities, brokering vessel, up to calculating the total cost of ownership (TCO) and breakdown cost. Providing procurement reports and analysis. And ultimately impacting your bottom line by saving you time and money.
Marita Freight & Trade is a house of Ship and Cargo Brokers founded in Miami in January 27th, 2015. By that time the first operations team was retained and commercial visits across the state of Florida as well as South America were initiated. In 2016 a Bogota, Colombia office was opened with the intention of better serving our clients in the North Coast South American Region.
Below is a chronological description since our foundation:
- Started up: Miami USA, January 2015
- Participated in the IHS Energy 23rd Annual Coal Conference of the Americas: Cartagena, Colombia February 2015
- Started Comercial visits in Colombia: March 2015
- Participated in the Intermodal South America Sao Paulo, Brazil: April 2015
- First complete team hired: June 2015
- Started Commercial visits in Tampa, Florida USA: June 2015
- Participated in the Association of Ship Brokers & Agents USA ASBA Cargo Conference 2015: Miami USA, September 2015
- Participated Break Bulk Americas 2015: Houston USA, October 2015
- Participated in XXXIII Assembly ALIM 2015: Buenos Aires Argentina, November 2015
- Started shipping operations in 2016. During 2017 and 2018 consolidated support from Ship Owners and Chartering Clients developing a focus in the Atlantic market, Caribbean market and NCSA.
- Became member of the Baltic Exchange on June 2019
- Registered as a member of International Transport Intermediaries Club Ltd (“ITIC”) on November 2019
Fist Chartering and Shipping international IT system implemented by Jan 2020.
- Became member of BIMCO
Our mission is to provide chartering brokerage services to the commodity trading and freight community supporting the PIC’s (Person in Charge) operation with sustainable practices with due care and due diligence.
Our vision is becoming the broker of preference in the geographical market of CARICA, Colombia and NCSA by end 2025 for the grain and coal sector.
Our vision for 2030 is to build strong, our own community financial fund, which will be a financial donor to support 1 prime world challenge and contribute to our planet and people no matter, race, gender, nationality or language.
- Brave and Direct: Strong negotiators, versatile in finding solutions, walk the truth.
- Passion: Commitment and endurance.
- Reputation: Behavior, ethics, promises and diligence.
- Work in teams: Transparency, service and collaboration.
- Discipline: Strategy, Business Process, Systems and KPI´s.
- Respect: Mandate of authority, confidentiality and empowerment.